Monday, October 20, 2008

Reject, Regret, Reborn

There is great power in rejection. Note that. Read on.

Its not often that I have been rejected in my life, infact I can say without boasting that I've been eagerly accepted by people in all walks of life. But a string of rejections in the past has got me thinking if I have been walking straight all this time. And boy, I have been pondering over this for a long long time...
And it all culminated on the 18th of October as I walked out of the room of 5 odd Deans after a "healthy 20 minute session". I saw disapproval in their eyes. and no thats not it. The funny part was that I approved their disapproval.

What have I got to in the past couple of years..... from someone who was accustomed to succeed, I've begun approving of people when they tell me that I cannot make it. I have embraced mediocrity, waiting and thinking each day that the next day is going to be the last day of the drought, then embracing mediocrity all over again at nightfall.

You do not wait for the results to be out. You ask yourself if you are worth it. And when the answer does not surprise you, you realize that this is your last chance to change. In reply to his "What have you been upto?" I told my friend Sahil once, "I've been thinking." . Dear friend, I'm finally done with it.

Recently read that a group of quacks claim to have found the Sanjeevni Herb. Don't know about them but I sure have one in my mind right now. And as I skip out of this room, I promise to never return for another post again. I give the sole responsibility of this blog to Varun Pandey. Met him a long time ago. Reminds me of what my past was a long long time ago, and what my future will be from the very next moment.

No one likes a complainer, or someone who keeps brooding about his troubles and transferring them over to his readers( i flatter myself). No one likes Mr. all-talk-no-work. So I'll be gone.

But its hard not to succeed when you know so much. When you have thought out so much at such a young age. It has its perils, but when you come out of it, its a whole new world out there.
Vineet was right when he said , "Irrespective of what you put it down to, it's there: that's the only verifiable fact. You either come out strong or you don't come out at all."

To all the time I spent.

Cheers
Varun Pandey

No comments: