Sunday, August 17, 2008

a reason to smile

If a person can commit one act of utter foolishness, he always has the potential to achieve great levels of stupidity.Romance is perfected by falling in love over and over again, the object of affection being of no consequence at all. Similarly, dim-wittedness has to be perfected by performing acts of foolishness over and over again.

I wudn't say this was my first attempt at foolishness. I don't say it is my last.

I once told my friend that if you try to find the rhyme scheme of this poem you'll end up using all twenty six alphabets of the english language( dear friend, you alive ??).This was long back in grade 10th I guess. But such small truths never change.

Go ahead ruin your day.

A REASON TO SMILE

Life seemed to give reasons to lament
Revolving around one painful moment
Of hatred-torn hearts , blood and strife
Sorrow , they say, is the quintessence of life
Then tell me in this sorrowful mile
Is there a reason to smile?

The world is merry with its beautiful seasons
of all the seasons for me there is but one
and it is the dreadful season of sorrow
lying in wait for the bitter 'morrow
my life's shrivelled to a palmsbreadth
and where i walk there are all thorns

but even in your worst nightmare
when your world is all barren and bare
when outside around its blue and gold
and laughter everywhere takes its hold
but in your mind its deep dark night
and in the heart its always twilight

If not for yourself
then just for others
keep that eternal sunshine on your face
and remember that someone, somewhere is happy
'cause you keep smiling.

-- Nurav Yednap

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you ruined my day??!

that's some good shit, yednap seems a very eccentric personality to me.

Nurav Yednap said...

@ ranga

thanks. thats all i can say.